Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Goal

When I wake early in the morning only thing on mind is to go to office and achieve the tasks for the day. When I come home at 8 pm in the evening, my mind is totally drenched. Somehow I muster energy to study for GMAT. GMAT is the first step towards realizing my goal in my life-MBA in USA. There are so many goals that I have-long term, short term, mid term goals. Somehow the life is full of the dreams; Dreams which propel me to try and give my best; everyday…

A force in me keeps telling that I should keep working. But then various enemies come in the way of the achieving what I wish to. Sometimes negativity bogs me down. Self doubt creeps in; a doubt about my ability. Do I have it in me to achieve what it takes? Do I have that courage, that stamina that intelligence? Will plain hard work see me through? Why is developing aptitude such a difficult activity? Why are others more gifted than I am?

Every day I visualize myself in the MBA class amidst many students who come from various countries, who have different mother tongues and who follow different religions. I see myself engaged in a healthy discussion with them. I see myself discussing sports, weather, politics, economy etc. Though I have not done any research on the B schools that I would like to be in; though I don’t know what I am going to specialize in, though I don’t know the economic impact of 2 year program on me, I nurture a dream. It is this single force of ambition which has to fight against all the negativity. It’s a battle that everyday I fight with myself. But I believe that my ambition has far greater energy than negativity.

Every night when I study the GMAT, it seems that I have hired one new employee in my Ambition’s company. Every night when I sleep, I feel that today I have taken a tiny step towards my destination; A destination which is very far today; Perhaps not even on the horizon. But I know I am walking in correct direction. This is where my friends play a very important role. Not only do friends appreciate me when I am going in right direction, they also try to cripple the negativity. I mean it does make a lot of sense in having friends and family on one’s side. As it is the goal in itself is magnanimous in proportion, one doesn’t want to waste energy in other things.

Today I am writing after many months. Today I am starting a BLOG with my very dear friend Sangeetha. Though she is in US pursuing her dream…her goal, I hope she contributes to this weekly BLOG. The above paragraphs might not reveal the creativity in me nor my skill of making stories or writing convincing articles, but writing about my current state of mind is equally essential. If I compare my writing to iron than I can say that my ability has caught some rust. By writing the above lines I have removed the rust and hopefully in times to come I will write many interesting articles.

Things that will be posted on this BLOG will include anything and everything that Sangeetha and I feel. This place will serve as a platform for our emotions, our feelings, our aims, our ambitions, our stories, our fantasies; this place will be free of any restriction on thoughts. I hope that I do regularly update this blog with focus on MBA goal, my crushes, my fears, my successes and everything on earth on which I have an opinion about….

- Jay


No comments: