Saturday, September 13, 2008

ROCK ON

Today, life is again so quiet. Irony is that I have just watched ROCK ON today. The movie was pretty ok. Though not as cool as it was hyped to be, but there are certain dialogues in the movie which were really thought provoking. I don’t exactly recollect as to what the actual dialogue was, but the theme went like, everyone has to make a compromise in their life. Everyone has to adjust. Another dialogue went like when we are in our twenties we assume that world is at out feet. I don’t want to comment much on those lines because eventually it all boils down to same debate. Being practical or being emotional. When we are in the dark room for 3 hours, everything is possible. When I am in the team meeting, achieving everything seems possible. But the reality is different. We often get bogged down by our own capabilities or for that matter, even the lack of it. Often circumstances do not allow us to make the correct decisions. Every decision has to be thoughtful decision. Gut feelings and intuition are the tools used by extremely successful managers- a knack which comes after taking n number of wrong thoughtful decisions. Often fear pulls us down. Often our own family which is supposed to be an asset becomes the liability.

As the thinking-chain slowly moves on, I was again thinking about the various factors which a person should take into account when he is planning his career. The tricky part here is planning. I have seen many people getting brilliant opportunities and they making the best use of it. I believe everyone, someday or the other will get such opportunity and when opportunity does call…one should make the hay while the sun shines. It can again be co-related to the college life and the office life. In college we used to be kings. We played our own games, with our own rules. In corporate life we are mere pawns in someone else’s chess. We are made to play waiting game. The person who plays the best, wins the game. Sorry to go off track, I was talking about the factors.

Prime factor as per me has to be interest. Interest is a very relative term. Few believe man is born with interest. I believe interest can be created. I believe career is just like a marriage. If things aren’t interesting, then people strive hard to make things interesting. It’s like arranged marriage. Slowly and steadily people start liking each other and then also start loving each other. As a person I am a huge advocate of arranged marriages. As such I am a huge fan of marriages itself. Though, I myself would like to go for love marriage. If a man doesn’t like what he does, he should try hard to like it. There are many ways in which things can be made more likeable.

Second factor is money. I need not say more about this factor because millions of writers have zillions of times stressed on the importance of money. However, I would like talk about one important thing- Money trap. Most of the people in this world earn more in their life as compared to what those people earned two years ago. Thus, people feel that they are prospering and leaving a job which is extremely high-paying will be the stupidest mistake of their life. This is the trap- a trap which sucks you in. We believe that we have many responsibilities for which money is extremely essential. But any amount of money is not enough. It’s a rat race; today even as I type these lines, I know that there may be a time when I myself fall in this trap;

Third factor is growth. Every human is perfectionist by nature. We always try to do next assignment better than our previous ones. In this effort we often fail but then that’s how we make mistakes and then we learn and eventually become better. No one likes monotony. So new challenges become a very important part of one’s career.

Fourth and the final factor is HEART. I believe that even in practical world if a man puts his heart in what he does, the output will even better. It’s the driving force between doing the mandatory work and trying to do something extra. It is the factor which overrides all the above factors. I believe that if man does his work whole heartedly, money will follow, so will the growth. I believe that even a work that a person does not like but if he does it whole heartedly, he can deliver a terrific result. Many people call Heart as ATTITUDE. Success is 99 pc attitude and 1 pc aptitude. Well I certainly second that….

Enough for today…

Bye cheers.

1 comment:

TWISTED said...

How the hell dis post goes un commented ..........
kya jay bidu tu toh philosopher ban gaya hai :D ...... reading ur post it reminds me of . BECHARE ZAMEE PAR :D MTV spoof :D ........
tera seer hai kya multiplex theater {:D worst dailogue ....... }

DUDE "ROCK ON" ....