Saturday, October 11, 2008

First brush with the car

First brush with the car

Before I narrate the actual incident, I will give a little background which will help us to understand the situation better. I have been learning to drive on my own car since last 3 days and I was performing reasonably well. Today my driver had told me to just practice forward and backward movement of my own car in my building. Being a very obedient student, I tried to do the same. I started the car many times but car always broke down. I was wondering what the heck is wrong. Am I doing a wrong CLUTCH BREAK? After 2-3 days of practice I had become reasonably confident about my clutch control. I was very upset and in all the frustration I went to the barber’s place to get my hair cut. While I came back I decided to roll the dice once more. This time I realized that I had not put down the HANDBRAKE!! The car started smoothly. Being the cool stud I got the car out of my building, drove it for some time before the calamity struck.

An auto took a very sharp and fast turn and I was caught unaware. Till the time I could to the clutch brake, the horse had been bolted and my car brushed the rickshaw. I was petrified. But I managed to keep my wits about myself and halted the car and got down to apologize to the rickshaw person. Till the time I got down, he had gone. People around calmed me and asked me to keep driving. I felt that I had made the biggest mistake of my life. But I managed to keep my wits again and slowly got the car back home. Now I was afraid of 3 things; damage to the car, dad’s reaction and trainer’s reaction.

1> Dad’s reaction: If you drive a car all these things are bound to happen. I am very happy that at least you got the courage to take out the car out yourself.
2> Car damage: None of the parts of my car has broken down. The cost if getting the repair done is minimal 100 RS.
3> Trainer’s reaction: Its ok; It happens with all the people. Relax, Calm down.

I really thank Neha and Ketki for supporting me and my brother for encouraging me…


I had read a book called Alchemist a long time ago. In that book they talked about Beginner’s luck. I guess I am lucky…I got an experience of minor accident without any damage to myself, of my car or to any other person (which I believe is the most important thing.) I consider that I am God’s own child. I know that he will be with me for I am sincere to the task that I have taken up. I am trying my best. I am learning things…Life doesn’t give such opportunities to all and I am thankful that I got this chance…
- Jay

1 comment:

Sonia Prabhu said...

u conceited shameless fellow.. u damaged ur brand new car!! i m so sure u must have taken ur puppy face up to ur dad coz of which he said that!! u & ur cheap tactics to get away with ur mistakes :P

anyways nice car :)
but red is so unlike ur color? no white in the market? & best of luck with ur driving. hope to see more in the blog

PS : God bless the car :P

- Sonia