Thursday, October 9, 2008

My New Car (Part 1)

My New Car (Part 1)

Today, on Dashera’s auspicious day, I finally got the delivery of my new car, MARUTI ALTO. The car looks really cool and my family members are very happy including me. But I am also a bit apprehensive. Will I be able to drive well? Will I learn how to drive efficiently? Will I be able to tackle the traffic in the city? Will I be able to navigate through the narrowest lanes of the world? Will I be able to continually do a CLUTCH-BRAKE? There are too many questions racing through my brain. I have learnt driving on Training school’s car. But today when my trainer accompanied me, while I was driving through the tougher places in my car, I realized that it’s a different cup of tea. I am a very fearful driver. I believe everyone is when they are learning.

Today’s experience was really cool. The probability of car starting efficiently to that of car switching off was 1:5. I was just unable to control the clutch. But I am confident. I know I will crack this challenge also. Though this is not as same as clearing a GMAT or ORACLE exam, which according to me is way easier than learning to drive, I am really kicked about driving and I am happy about it. I want to enjoy the drive and enjoy the new learning experience. I was always fearful of the driving cars but then like I said in my earlier articles, Fear is an evil which prevents man from achieving what he can achieve. I have to fight the fear. I have to learn to drive well. I consider this as a very important phase my induction into practical world. I know I should be jumping on top of the moon since I have bought a nice slick car, but I am bit cautious and hopefully in times to come, will be confident.

I hope that in the part-2 of this series I will talk about the happier driving tales…
I will post a snap of my car… JUST wish me luck with my new sojourn….
I need all of it.

- Jay

1 comment:

Unknown said...

waiting for the part 2.. coz this is wht even i hv to experience :D and obvi you will be the guru then..