Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Mud (Jay)

High time we posted this..

It was the reason we started blogging together...

Same story 2 views...

enjoy n comment... :)

Luv

Jay & Sangeetha


Mud

Rains can be a lot of fun,

Especially when drizzly evening

Sets up the scene for

the perfect date.

I was waiting wearing whites…

at the local CCD.

It was 6 pm

Sun decided to hide,

Clouds decided to cloud.

And a light drizzle started.

I was in the Ac room.

I decided to stand outside…

Under the paanwala’s tents

to soak in some fresh earth.

The smell made me feel more romantic

The eagerness to meet was a sweet misery.

But as rains got a bit stronger…

The wait transpired into a concern.

After trying a futile cellular tries,

I decided to call Remya at her home.

Invariably, when I call her at home,

Her mom picks up…

In my well practiced feminine voice,

I ask “Aunty…Is Remya there?”

“ava football valayada poirka”

(That is Tamil)

Being a Mumbaiyan Gujju,

I didn’t pick a word…

“Ok aunty…thanks...”

I disliked the Indian diversity for once,

Decided to go to her place…

Walking in rains, in those muddy streets

Is the last thing I like.

But they say…”Love makes man do not

So lovely things”

I reached her building.

To my surprise a few girls

were playing football in the mud.

I thought of them as a few “babes”

Who were wasting a super evening,

Having no one to meet…or cherish.

Till I couldn’t believe my eyes,

To see Remya also playing!!!

Wow, I did not know how to react!

A girl, whom I know since two years,

Plays football…that too in mud!!!

Was getting over this shock,

till I heard her abuse her opponent…

“You bi…, F*** you… Go learn to play!”

Well it’s a ’bit’ dangerous, to hear

the “Doll” abusing someone.

She was sliding in the mud…

I know her idiot dad…he would have

Shown the true character…by not buying

her studs.

On every slide she made,

The mud covered her lovely face…

Now I was discovering the real beauty.

She wiped the mud from her face…using

her tender hands.

As rain poured, the drops of water,

On her smooth forehead made me feel…

“Boy I can see her play football the whole

Of my life”

Her grace when she runs…Her tact when she passes,

Her powerful kicks…her swirling free kicks

Made me feel…

”Hu kem nanpan thi cricket ramuchu?”

(Why the hell do I play Cricket?)

Till a hooligan kick from her opponent

Made the ball come in my direction….

Here was my girl… joyous of the fact

That she had got some corner kick,

Till she saw me…

The aggression turned into guilt…

Her eyes looked straight into mud…

The ball remained stagnant at the corner…

For a minute she could not face me.

I was actually enjoying this…

I have seen her in the mud…

Now again I am seeing her…

Though I was enjoying her play,

I had a look on my face which said.

“Weren’t we supposed to meet?”

Boys get a very few chances

to make brownie points.

Here she was…candid with guilt.

Somehow the thought of her mate,

Seeing her in that state, and the added

Guilt of forgetting the commitment,

Made her so shy…
I felt like time should stand still…

Remya means beautiful in Tamil.

I somehow applauded the foresight

Of her parents…

She said “I will get ready in 5 minutes”

She quickly went home…wiping mud off her face.

She came down in ten minutes…

This was the third shock for today…

“My girl was wearing a sari!!!”

Too many new discoveries made me feel,

“Do I really know Remya?”

Well the date ended…

I dropped her at her place…

At night, while I was on the bed,

I analyzed a few things,

I felt that the mud was so lucky…

At least she can touch her skin…

And best part for the inhumane mud

Is that she herself slide to touch it.

I felt that mud really was very lucky.

Since that day I certainly have started

respecting mud.

I had discovered the beauty in the mud.
- Jay

3 comments:

Jay said...

I certainly remember how this article got developed..

I had written the guy's mindset first..without even thinking about girl's outlook...While Sangeetha any I were chatting regarding the article, we hit upon this cool idea...and rest is history...

Like Sang said, this story really bought out the writer inside us...

I read this after ages...I mean at least after 2-3 years..but still the smell of Mud remains eternal...

Shilpin said...

aaa.... mud is lucky .. !!! :D :D :D :D

Chandni said...

waah jaylee waah..! teenage but ironically "an all age" spirit & feelings captured!